An Accident Lawsuit is a civil action brought before a court in which the party commencing the action, the plaintiff, seeks a legal remedy. Often, one or more defendants are required to answer the plaintiff’s complaint. If the plaintiff is successful, judgment will be given in the plaintiff’s favour, and a range of court orders may be issued to impose a penalty, award damages etc.
What Does Michael Dadson offer?
Not every car accident ends with a trial, but yours might, so it’s important to have a good beginning with a few do’s and don’ts. If it’s safe to do so and you are able to, it’s important to do the following:
- Do get the other driver’s information, including his or her insurance.
- Do get contact information for any witnesses. Do this FIRST, because witnesses tend to drift away quickly.
- Do get photographs of the accident scene, damage to all vehicles involved, your injuries and those of anyone in your vehicle. If you don’t have a digital camera with you, use your cell phone to get as many photos as possible.
- Do seek immediate medical attention for any injuries; be very detailed in describing your injuries and pain.
The don’ts are just as important::
- Do not admit fault to anyone; this includes the other driver, any witnesses and the police. Let the police determine which driver is at fault for the accident; it’s their job.
- Do not talk to anyone other than the police and emergency medical personnel about the accident. Answer police questions truthfully, but do not admit fault. Above all, do not talk to any insurance company, be it yours or the other driver’s, without first talking to a personal injury attorney.
Accident is one of the most unfortunate and unwanted incidents of life. No body does it deliberately but then the losses or injury caused can not be forgiven. Fight for your rights as victim of accident. The emotional loss or injury suffered is irreparable but you can at least get compensation for financial loss. Accident, minor or major, upsets the daily routine and if you need to visit doctors and hospitals then your budget too. In case of major accidents, the loss can amount to loosing of permanent source of income, disabilities and even death. Protect your rights and get compensated for the loss suffered. Seek service of an expert accident lawyer who will represent you in court and ensure that your rights are protected. You may claim for the compensation for every single dime spent because of accident. Only an expert accident attorney can help you in getting compensation.
Area We Serve
Accident Lawyer in British Columbia
- Langley Township
Accident Lawyer in Vancouver
- Fernie, BC
- Nelson, BC
- Squamish, BC
- Ucluelet, BC
- Coombs, BC
- Castlegar, BC
- Cowichan Bay, BC
Accident Lawyer in Surrey
- North Surrey
- South Surrey
- Port Mann
- Pitt Meadows
- New Westminster
- White Rock